10 ways to save water according to Hua Hin Municipality
The following information was issued by Hua Hin Municipality to raise awareness of local people and visitors in Hua Hin about how to use water wisely and save it during the summer. It also encourages everyone to take care of public water resources for emergency use in the dry season. Many people use water without prior consideration. The Municipality aims to change water use habits in order to save this vital natural resource but we will also to save money.
1. Check whether there are any leaking pipes at home and water taps not working properly. Try turning off all water taps to see if the main water metre is still registering water use.
2. Taking a shower can save up to 20 litres of water per person per time compared to taking a bath which can use up to 200 litres. Turning off the shower when you do not use it will save more water than using a water dipper. If you do not turn off water while washing your face, you will lose up to 18 litres of water.
3. Using a glass to keep water when brushing teeth will save water. If you do not turn off water while brushing your teeth, you will lose up to 9 litres.
4. After shaving, if you use paper to wipe off shaving foam on your face, you will use a maximum of 2 litres of water. However, if you do not turn off water while shaving, you will lose up to 8 litres.
5. Washing all the dishes at the same time will save a lot of water. Before washing them, use paper to clean the dishes. If you do not turn off water when you wash dishes more water will be used.
6. Using a washing machine to wash your clothes requires approximately 100 litres for each load. If you wash the clothes manually and use buckets, you will use only 50 litres. Always wash as many clothes as possible at a time to save water.
7. Use a watering can to water plants will save a lot of water. Using water that is saved from other activities will save more water and money.
8. Using a bucket to keep water while cleaning your car will save around 30 litres of waters. Using a water hose will use up to 300 litres of water.
9. A water pump should not be installed directly to the main water pipe because it will increase the flow and speed of the water metre. You should install the pump by connecting it with a water tank.
10. Flushing toilets use up to 20 litres of water.
To save more water, install a toilet which has a shorter flush for urinating. Using a scoop only requires 4 litres of water.
Cautions A water tap with water dripping all the time will lose up to 1,500 litres of water monthly. A water tap that is not turned off properly will lose up to 10,000 litres of water monthly. A flushing toilet with water running all the time will lose up to 30,000 litres of water monthly.
"Power of Love" children's home ordered shut in Hua Hin Picture: ThaiPBS HUA HIN: -- The "Power of Love" children's home in Hua Hin has been ordered shut temporarily after it was found to be operating without a license. The seven male children residing in the two story property have been taken...READ MORE...
Hua Hin home for runaways ordered shut after caretaker arrested for molesting 12 year old girl Image: Daily News Following the arrest of a man for molesting a 12 year old girl an illegal home for runaway children has been ordered shut.Arrested Thursday was 39 year old Kampanat "Pom"...READ MORE...
A new destination for MICE travellersBy The Nation The latest addition to the popular seaside town of Hua Hin, Ananda Hua Hin Resort offers the largest ballroom, top-of-the range MICE facilities as well as full services and activity programmes for participants in meetings and seminars. The...READ MORE...
Hua Hin children’s foundation staff member denies child molesting accusation Police on Thursday detained a staff member of a children’s foundation in Hua Hin for allegedly molesting a minor under the age of 15. Kampanart Sueyew, 39, has denied the charge and vowed to clear his name. The man had...READ MORE...