Chief of Cherng Talay local authority orders removal of PVC pipes from Phuket beach

PUBLISHED ON FRI, MAY 19, 2017 1:47 PM

Chief of Cherng Talay local authority orders removal of PVC pipes from Phuket beach

The Phuket News

 

1495175515_1-org.jpg

The pipes, marking what a restaurant owner believed to be the boundary of his land, have since been removed. Photo: Dean Lambert

 

PHUKET: -- A number of blue PVC pipes which had been pummelled into the sand at Bang Tao Beach last Saturday have been removed following orders from Chief of the Cherng Talay local authority to officials from Thalang Municipality.

 

Speaking to The Phuket News today (May 19), Chief of the Cherng Talay OrBorTor Ma-Ann Samran said that he was notified of the pipes being placed in the sand last Saturday.

 

“I was notified that a large number of blue pipes had been placed in the sand at Bang Tao Beach last weekend, and I believe the pipes were placed there by the owner of a restaurant who became upset after the Royal Thai Army inspected the beach line at Bang Tao Beach and the restaurant put the pipes there to mark their boundary,” Mr Ma-Ann said.

 

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chief-of-cherng-talay-local-authority-orders-removal-of-pvc-pipes-from-phuket-beach-62215.php

 
tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-19
latest news from Phuket

Patong Beach operators to curb infant parasail rides

READ MORE...

Phuket police nab underpants meth mule, erratic driver arms dealer for teensEakkapop Thongtub  PHUKET:-- Phuket Police together with Royal Thai Army soldiers had a good day in taking two miscreants into custody yesterday (Aug 17), one with his underwear loaded with meth and another who sidelined...

READ MORE...

Phuket Prison declared ‘White’ following official inspectionPremkamon Ketsara Officials carry out their inspection of Phuket Provincial Prison yesterday (Aug 17). Photo: Shela Riva PHUKET: -- Police and army officers declared Phuket Provincial Prison a ‘white prison’ after carrying out an official...

READ MORE...

Fire in Patong Mexican restaurantBy Nattha Thepbamrung The owners report the cost of damages at around 50,000 Baht  A Mexican restaurant, Coyote, caught fire late this morning. The restaurant owner, Matthew Warton, said the cause of the fire is believed to be an electric shortcircuit from the...

READ MORE...
sponsors