10 Hua Hin hotels using ‘fake licences’ face closure
By The Nation
Deputy Prachuap Khiri Khan governor Pongphan Wichiansamut confirmed on Saturday that 10 Hua Hin hotels operating with fake hotel licences could be shut down.
The deputy governor said he had held a meeting with representatives from several agencies and officials affirmed that there were provisions to shut down the illegal hotels.
According to Pongphan, the Kiti Nanthakorn Hotel, the Royal Express, the Viravan @ Hua Hin, V Living Hua Hin, the Secret Garden Hua Hin, Citin Loft Hua Hin, Hillside Resort and Apartment, Pearl @ Hua Hin, Chivasai and Civasai Hua Hin were charged on May 15 with falsifying documents and using fake hotel licences.
Pongphan admitted that the 10 hotels were still operating because of complicated legal technicalities.
The deputy governor said the 10 hotels had obtained licences to operate residential places, not hotels but they had refused to shut down arguing that they had a licence to use the residential buildings.
As a result, Pongphan said officials had to be careful before taking action to order the operators to stop using the buildings.
Pongphan added that some owners of the 10 hotels said they did not know that their hotel licence was fake. He said two officials of the Hua Hin Municipality and Tambon Hin Lek Fai administration were facing probes over the fake licences.
Sources from the municipality and administration said the 10 hotels were ordered to submit a permit for using their building as hotels within a week or the authorities would shut down their buildings. The sources said records showed the buildings were allowed to be built as residential buildings, not as hotels with daily services.
Out goes the tide, in comes a rare sighting of the beautiful seabedBy The Nation A rare tide phenomenon at Koh Talu in Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Bang Saphan Noi district, said to be the lowest level in 20 years, has given sightseers a visual treat this week, exposing a two-kilometre stretch of seabed...READ MORE...
Hua Hin bomb scare: Device found near Soi 6 Bomb disposal experts were called to the Soi 6 area of Hua Hin on Monday morning following the discovery of an object which locals said looked like an explosive device. Local police and military officials attended the scene next to railway line on Soi 6...READ MORE...
Two months after Hua Hin shark attack there is still no safety net Picture: New TV Thai media reported that a full two months after a Norwegian tourist was bitten by a shark at Sai Noi beach near Hua Hin there is still no safety net in place. Werner Danielsen, 54, was bitten on the leg on April...READ MORE...
Dutch pensioner throws himself off fifth floor roof at downtown Hua Hin hotel Picture: Banmuang A 68 year old man from the Netherlands jumped from the fifth floor of a Hua Hin hotel where he had been staying for the past month. A large crowd of people from the Darun Suksa School saw the body as...READ MORE...