Dolphin in care dies, Phuket marine experts now question ‘plastic’

Dolphin in care dies, Phuket marine experts now question ‘plastic’

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

 

1544095874_1-org.jpg

The dolphin that was in care at the PMBC after being recovered from Nai Yang beach last week has died. Photo: ThaiWhales

 

PHUKET:-- The dolphin that was receiving care at the Phuket Marine Biological Centre (PMBC) after being recovered from Nai Yang Beach last Friday has died, and now marine life experts are casting doubt on whether or not the dolphin vomited plastic while in care earlier this week.

 

The dolphin passed away last night (Dec 5), one member of the PMBC veterinarian team who was caring for the dolphin told The Phuket News today.

 

“The actual cause of death has not yet been confirmed. We are working on verifying the cause of death now,” she said.

 

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dolphin-in-care-dies-phuket-marine-experts-now-question-plastic-69585.php#lBvTxiCoXs3fw9b2.97

 
tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-6
latest news from Phuket

Phuket tourism officials forge Vietnam linksBy The Phuket News The delegation of 20 representatives of tour operators from Vietnam had the chance yesterday (Sept 22) to discuss deals to 55 local tour operators in Phuket. Photo: PR Dept PHUKET:-- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) offices from...

READ MORE...

Phuket police net 17-year-old with 10k meth pillsBy Eakkapop Thongtub The big catch was a 17-year-old found in possession of 10,000 meth pills. Photo: Phuket City Police PHUKET: Police have announced the arrests of seven drug suspects, including a 17-year-old found in possession of 10,000 ya bah...

READ MORE...

Driver fined B400 for reckless driving, yet to face bill for fixing streetlightBy Eakkapop Thongtub The car mounted the traffic island and slammed into the streetlight early Saturday morning (Sept 21). Photo: Thalang Police PHUKET: A woman has been fined B400 for hitting a street lamp on a traffic...

READ MORE...

Short circuit blamed for temple storage building fireBy Eakkapop Thongtub Firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes. Photo: Rawai Fire Dept PHUKET: A fire at a kitchen equipment storage building at Rawai Temple on Saturday (Sept 21) caused an estimated B200,000 in damage. At...

READ MORE...
sponsors