Phuket disaster chief warns of fire hazards

Phuket disaster chief warns of fire hazards

By Chutharat Plerin

 

1544098595_1-org.jpg

After the first fire at a workers’ camp in Kathu was contained, a second fire broke out at a workers’ camp in Pa Khlok this morning (Dec 6). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

 

PHUKET:-- Prapan Kanprasang, Chief of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Phuket office (DDPM-Phuket), has warned people to beware household fires after blazes broke out at two workers’ camps in Phuket this morning (Dec 6).

 

The first fire engulfed multiple units at a two-storey residential building at a workers’ camp in Kathu at about 7:30am.

 

That blaze was followed by another fire, this one at another workers’ camp in Soi Khunluang, Moo 1, Pa Khlok, at 11:40am.

 

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-disaster-chief-warns-of-fire-hazards-69588.php#GXRgXsIgGw8djfjk.97

 
tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-6
latest news from Phuket

Phuket tourism officials forge Vietnam linksBy The Phuket News The delegation of 20 representatives of tour operators from Vietnam had the chance yesterday (Sept 22) to discuss deals to 55 local tour operators in Phuket. Photo: PR Dept PHUKET:-- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) offices from...

READ MORE...

Phuket police net 17-year-old with 10k meth pillsBy Eakkapop Thongtub The big catch was a 17-year-old found in possession of 10,000 meth pills. Photo: Phuket City Police PHUKET: Police have announced the arrests of seven drug suspects, including a 17-year-old found in possession of 10,000 ya bah...

READ MORE...

Driver fined B400 for reckless driving, yet to face bill for fixing streetlightBy Eakkapop Thongtub The car mounted the traffic island and slammed into the streetlight early Saturday morning (Sept 21). Photo: Thalang Police PHUKET: A woman has been fined B400 for hitting a street lamp on a traffic...

READ MORE...

Short circuit blamed for temple storage building fireBy Eakkapop Thongtub Firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes. Photo: Rawai Fire Dept PHUKET: A fire at a kitchen equipment storage building at Rawai Temple on Saturday (Sept 21) caused an estimated B200,000 in damage. At...

READ MORE...
sponsors